At Altercare, we are doing everything possible to limit the spread of COVID-19 while we support our residents and their families as well as our staff members during this time. We have adopted appropriate measures in accordance with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) as this situation advances. Our center has adopted several steps to mitigate the risk of infection in our communities. Some of these initiatives include:
- Evaluating Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) inventory daily to ensure appropriate supply is available.
- Deploying disinfection and cleaning treatments throughout the building as needed.
- When beneficial, launching negative-pressure air systems to further support infection control protocols.
- Adopting isolation protocols appropriate to patient needs and COVID-19 guidance provided by the CDC.
- Suspending non-essential patient outings and restricting communal dining.
- Re-designing resident activities to provide engaging opportunities, within appropriate social distancing guidelines.
On March 11, Altercare enacted a No Visitor Policy to comply with federal guidance. We continue to restrict visitations at Altercare skilled nursing homes with patients and residents until further notice – except for end of life situations.
An End of Life situation is defined as a substantial change of condition indicating end of life is approaching. Criteria in this situation has expanded. Please contact the facility for more information in this regard.
On June 8, 2020, Altercare began allowing outdoor visitations for residents residing in an Assisted Living community. Based on recommendations provided by the Governor's office, we have developed a policy that takes the following into consideration: parameters around health screening procedures, visitation schedules and limitations, social distancing barriers, facial covering requirements, and access to COVID-19 education. For more information on our visitation policy and procedure, please contact the Executive Director at your Altercare center.
In lieu of onsite visits, we welcome creative ways of keeping our residents and their family connected with family through phone calls, video chat, and window visits.
According to guidance provided by the CDC, all residents/patients, employees and authorized vendors are screened daily for elevated temperatures and symptoms.