At Altercare, we are committed to safely reuniting patients and residents with their friends and family. As we continue to welcome back our families, we are keeping with public health guidelines to ensure the safest environment possible for our centers. Based on revised guidance from CMS the following criteria should be considered ahead of visiting an Altercare center:
When Visitation Permitted or Temporarily Suspended
Altercare will hold visitation for all residents (regardless of vaccination status), except for
a few circumstances when visitation should be limited due to a high risk of COVID-19
transmission. These situations include limiting visitation for:
- Unvaccinated residents, if the nursing home's COVID-19 county positivity rate is RED and < 70% of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated.
- Resident with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated until they have met the criteria to discontinue transmission-based precautions.
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine.
- Visitation will be temporarily suspended should the facility develop an acute active outbreak of COVID 19.
- Please Note: Exceptions apply for Compassionate Care Visits. Please contact a member of our team for more information on our visitation policy.
Altercare fully supports reuniting patients and residents with their loved ones as soon as it is safe to do so. For the safety of our patients/residents, staff and their families, the following visitation criteria should be considered.
- Visitors displaying signs and symptoms for COVID-19 related illness should NOT schedule a visit.
- Visitors are encouraged to schedule an appointment in advance. It is possible that visitors who arrive unannounced may experience a delayed waiting period.
- Visitors are encouraged to be tested for COVID-19 prior to scheduling a visit using rapid antigen testing made available by our teams. Visitors who agree to COVID-19 testing should confirm interest with the facility staff and arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visit. Please note: Testing is not mandatory.
- Visitation capacity will be evaluated based on the location of visitation to ensure proper social distancing is maintained. For questions about this process, please contact the facility directly.
- Visitors are asked to wear a facial covering that covers the nose and mouth upon arrival and throughout the visit. A relaxation of facial covering requirements may apply for fully vaccinated residents and/or fully vaccinated visitors and should be discussed when scheduling visitation.
- Visitors are required to participate in a health screening during the entrance process, which includes having temperature taken and performing hand hygiene. Visitors displaying signs and symptoms will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitation is limited to dedicated visitor areas, including resident rooms. Visitors are not permitted to move about the facility beyond the dedicated spaces provided.
- For residents who reside in semi-private rooms: If a resident is unable to be transported to the designated visitor area due to a medical condition, visitation can take place in the resident's room if social distancing is maintained between other residents.
If the resident and visitor are fully vaccinated
- Each dedicated space will be set up to ensure proper 6-feet social distancing. If the resident and visitor are fully vaccinated, they can choose to have close contact, including touch, without wearing a facial mask. Resident and visitor should perform hand hygiene before and after the visit. Visitors will be asked to provide proof of vaccination.
- If the resident is fully vaccinated, visitor(s) may exchange food, gifts, etc. with the resident during the visit.
If visits are temporarily unavailable at your center, remember we offer additional ways to stay engaged!
Virtual Video Visits
Schedule time with your loved one using our dedicated iPads. We welcome the opportunity to coordinate virtual lunches, attendance to parties, or general "hello" visits!
Virtual Therapy Introductions
We understand that family members may want updates on their loved one's therapy sessions. Our team is accommodating virtual Meet & Greet introductions to ensure you can be there for your family member every step of the way. For more information contact our admissions team.
We welcome Open Window Visits by request. For more information contact a member our team today. Don't forget to bring your mask!