At Altercare, we are committed to safely reuniting patients and residents with their friends and family. As we continue to welcome back our families, we are keeping with public health guidelines to ensure the safest environment possible for our centers. Based on revised guidance from CMS the following criteria should be considered ahead of scheduling a visit at an Altercare center:
When Visitation Permitted or Temporarily Suspended
- Altercare will hold visitation for all residents (regardless of vaccination status), except for a few circumstances
when visitation should be limited due to a high risk of COVID-19 transmission. These situations include limiting visitation for:
- Unvaccinated residents, if the nursing home’s COVID-19 county positivity rate is RED and < 70% of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated.
- Resident with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated until they have met the criteria to discontinue transmission-based precautions.
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine.
- Visitation will be temporarily suspended should the facility develop an acute active outbreak of COVID 19.
- Please Note: Exceptions apply for Compassionate Care Visits. Please contact a member of our team for more information on our visitation policy.
Altercare fully supports reuniting patients and residents with their loved ones as soon as it is safe to do so. For the safety of our patients/residents, staff and their families, the following visitation criteria should be considered.
- Visitors displaying signs and symptoms for COVID-19 related illness should NOT schedule a visit.
- Onsite visitations will be by appointment only and available Monday through Sunday between the below hours.
Visit requests outside of the designated hours will require prior approval from the Executive Director and are not guaranteed.
24 hours advanced notice is requested.
- 9:30am - 11:30am
- 1pm - 4pm
- 7pm - 8pm
- Visitors are encouraged to be tested for COVID-19 prior to scheduling a visit using rapid antigen testing made available by our teams. Visitors who agree to COVID-19 testing should confirm interest with the facility staff and arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visit. Please Note: Testing is not mandatory.
- Each patient/resident will be allowed a maximum of two visitors per scheduled visit. Visitors under the age of 3 are not permitted at this time.
- Visit will be scheduled for a duration of 30 minutes. Visitation periods may be extended based on availability and approval of the Executive Director.
- Visitors must wear a facial covering that covers the nose and mouth upon arrival and throughout the visit. Additional facial covering requirements apply for indoor visits and should be discussed when scheduling visitation.
- Visitors are required to participate in a health screening during the entrance process, which includes having temperature taken and performing hand hygiene. Visitors displaying signs and symptoms will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitation is limited to dedicated visitor areas. No visitors are permitted to enter the facility beyond the dedicated spaces provided. Designated visitation area includes a private single resident room. (not in quarantine or isolation)
- If the resident is unable to be transported to the designated visitor area due to medical conditions, the visitation can take place in the residents’ room, ensuring social distancing is maintained between other residents.
- Trained staff will supervise and support each visit to ensure appropriate guidelines are maintained at all times.
If the resident is fully vaccinated
- Each dedicated space will be set up to ensure proper 6-feet social distancing. If the resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to have a close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting face mask.
- If the resident is fully vaccinated, Visitor(s) may exchange food, gifts, etc. with the resident during the visit, sanitizing hands before and after touching the item.
If visits are temporarily unavailable at your center, remember we offer additional ways to stay engaged!
Virtual Video Visits
Schedule time with your loved one using our dedicated iPads. We welcome the opportunity to coordinate virtual lunches, attendance to parties, or general “hello” visits!
Virtual Therapy Introductions
We understand that family members may want updates on their loved one’s therapy sessions. Our team is accommodating virtual Meet & Greet introductions to ensure you can be there for your family member every step of the way. For more information contact our admissions team.
We welcome Open Window Visits by request. For more information contact a member our team today. Don’t forget to bring your mask!